Is your Windows Phone 8X’s screen frozen and your touch screen is unresponsive? Do you want to do a Soft Reset or Force Restart on your HTC Windows Phone 8X without deleting any data on your smartphone or tablet?
The Soft Reset procedure is used to reboot the HTC Windows Phone 8X in situations where the device needs to be rebooted without losing any personal data or when it’s not powering on. It works most of the time to fix Rebooting, Overheating, Lagging, or Crashing issues on your HTC Device. Let’s learn how.
Name: HTC Windows Phone 8X
Also read: Tutorials for HTC Windows Phone 8X
How To Soft Reset HTC Windows Phone 8X
- To soft reset HTC Windows Phone 8X, Press and hold the Power or Sleep button for 5 to 10 seconds.
- You will get feedback or vibration on your HTC smartphone and it will show the shutdown and the restart options screen. Click on the Power Off & Restart Option.
- If the screen is unresponsive, then press and hold the Power button until it restarts.
- Leave the power button when your HTC mobile restarts and you will see the boot screen.
- This will do a Soft Reset on your HTC smartphone without deleting any of your mobile data.
- That’s it, you have successfully done a soft reset procedure on your HTC Windows Phone 8X smartphone.
Also, read more HTC Windows Phone 8X tutorials.
How To Do Force Restart on HTC Windows Phone 8X?
If you want to force restart or force shutdown a crashed or frozen Windows Phone 8X device follow the below steps.
- Make sure you have charged your HTC device for at least 3% to 5% before doing the force restart.
- To force restart Press and Hold down the Power / Sleep button along with the Volume Down button together for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Your Windows Phone 8X device will vibrate and will start the restart process.
- Now leave both the buttons when your HTC device’s screen restarts.
- If you have entered Recovery mode by mistake, then use the Volume button to choose the Restart Option and press the Power button to confirm.
- The HTC force restart process is completed.
That’s it you have successfully completed the Soft Reset or Force Restart procedure on HTC Windows Phone 8X.
Hope this tutorial was helpful in fixing your unresponsive HTC Windows Phone 8X. Kindly leave your valuable comments below.
Also, don’t forget to share this HTC article on social media if you found it helpful.